Sunday, October 25, 2015

Finally a fall table runner

 I finally got myself a fall table runner. I've been wanting one for several years now. It measures roughly 15" x 40". Very simple piecing and quilting, the quilting lines are roughly 2" apart.
 My son and I like Snoopy so when I saw this at Joann's I knew what the backing would be. :) I always put it out with pumpkin side up and  then my son comes by and flips it over to Snoopy.
The brown and orange pumpkins are from Home for the Harvest by Heather Mulder Peterson, the green apples was a sewing market find and the binding is from Wilmington.
I machine bound it using the stitch-in-the-ditch method where you sew the binding to the front. I don't have a special foot for stitching in the ditch so I made do with my zipper foot. If you want to do the same, just place your zipper foot up against the fabric and then move your needle position over to where the seam is. Works like a charm! :)

1 comment: