And of course, we had to personalize it with his name. :) And I'm happy to say I've found a great tutorial on appliques and this time it came out perfect! Slow and steady is the key ;)
Once I start the actual quilting I'm planning on doing a bit of free motion in the white fabric around the letters. Maybe put a cute design or something in a contrasting thread color so it's not so white.
So here's the stats on this quilt:
- The finished measurements for the top is 35" x 42"
- The finished size of the squares are 7" x 7" (I cut them 7.5" x 7.5" for a 1/4" seam allowance)
- The other twin (Logan) will have this same pattern but with different fabrics
- There won't be a border on either of the twins' quilts. I wanted them slightly different than their younger brother's but still keeping with the overall block pattern.
- However, I am thinking of making the binding wider on these quilts so you can see more of it
All that's left to do for this quilt is find a great fabric for the back and a coordinating one for the binding. :) I'm still on the hunt for that last perfect fabric for Logan's quilt.