Warm and Plush so it's going to be extra warm and snuggly. :)
If you are making this quilt here are a few tips that I've learned along the way:
- Starch is your friend. Seriously. Starch all your fabric before cutting for accuracy and then after piecing the blocks/rows starch the back side and iron. It makes your seams lie really flat.
- Get yourself a strip cutting ruler (any size will do). I so wish I had this ruler when I first started but it was a huge life saver for the last few rows. Go get one. Now!
- Stay stitch the blocks with lots of pieces. Especially on the reindeer. Stitch 1/8" away from the edges to make sure all the seams stay together. Something else I wish I would've done. I ended up hand stitching a handful of seams closed.
- Sew your blocks into rows as you go. Give yourself one less thing to do by the time you get to sashing.
- Definitely check out the sew along for more tips and tricks for each block. You especially want to check out the post on cutting.
Pattern: Fair Isle by Freshly Pieced
Fabric: Quilter's Linen in Silver by Robert Kaufman
Raphael Snow in Pearl by STOF Fabrics