Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Farmer's Wife 1930s and Fabric Finds

I got the last two blocks done yesterday. Caroline gave me more trouble than I thought, all those seams coming together made it a little bulky. But so far so good on keeping up with the sew along. I hope it continues! 5 blocks down and 94 to go. :)
#14 - Betty
#20 - Caroline
I've been sewing postage stamps together while also working on my Farmer's Wife blocks. I make it a point to sew together four-patches when I'm finished with the Farmer's Wife blocks. It's the last thing I do before turning off my machine. I added 21 new four-patches just with these 5 blocks! Maybe I'll have two quilts done next year when the sew along ends? :)

Also I started pulling fabrics for my son's twin size quilt. While digging through one of my (many) boxes of works-in-progress I found these at the bottom! A lot of these fabrics were used in my pinwheel sampler and I originally was going to use them for the Great Granny quilt. But I decided to just make pillows out of the two blocks I've done so now these will be used for my son's big boy quilt. Hooray for buried treasure! :)

Linked up at Gnome Angel

3 comments:

  1. Your blocks are beautiful! I love buried treasure! I have found so many great fabrics in my own stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of using scraps for postage stamps! I'm going to do that now. :) Your blocks look great, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buried treasure and scrappy quilts - two of my favourite things

    ReplyDelete