Sunday, September 25, 2011

iPod Soft Cases & Hand Towl Bib

Ever have one of those days where your head is not in the game? Yeah, today was one of those days for me. My seam ripper and I were best friends today. Anyways, without further ado here is what I was working on during nap time today:

A hand towel bib - just in time for Halloween! I loved having those cute little bibs for my son last year for all his first holidays (First Valentine/4th of July/Halloween etc) but it's a little harder to find cute bibs for the holidays that don't contain the word 'first' on them. I originally saw the bib made from a hand towel idea on Pinterest (love that site!) that lead me to the tutorial over at Martha Stewart.


It doesn't tell you much other than you need a hand towel and double fold bias tape. The thing that confused me the most was the dimensions - I mean, what do you mean by lollipop shaped hole Martha? Seriously! I still want to make another one for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and maybe a few more for everyday. So I'll put up a proper tutorial when I get those done, that way you won't have to try and figure out the dimensions of a lollipop. ;)


I also made a smaller version of the Nook soft case for my iPod Touch. It fits perfectly and it keeps my (or should I say, my son's) iPod Touch all snuggly and safe. I even added a D-ring so that I can attach it to the hook inside my (future) purse. Yes, I'm that kind of crafter. ;) There's one thing that I would've done differently about the zipper but I didn't think of it until it was too late. So again, I'll do a tutorial to show you how whenever I make another one. :)



Check out that pretty blue zipper! I love colored zippers, I think it's getting to be an obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment