Saturday, August 22, 2015

WIP: Fair Isle Checkerboard

I feel like I'm on a roll here. I've been so unmotivated the last few months. I think when you have a tedious project hanging over your head it squashes your motivation. At last that's the way it seems with me. But the last week or two I've had the desire to sit and sew or cut fabric. It's a nice change. I hope I don't lose it. :)


On Wednesday I sat down and completed the checkerboard row. Definitely one of the easier rows. And this ruler made it even easier. Seriously, where has this been all this time?? Find yourself a 50% off coupon and buy one for yourself at Joann's. Best. Investment. Ever.


I bought the quarter cut one simply because I thought it would be the most useful to me. But they had two other rulers that did 1/2" increments, if that's more for you.

I also think I figured out why I was having issues on the poinsettias and fir trees. When I ironed my fabric for the checkerboard I lightly starched the grey (quilter's linen) and that seems to have done the trick. I noticed that it has a bit of stretch and I think that is why I ended up having to recut pieces. So moving forward I will be starching the quilter's linen, the cream doesn't seem to need it as it's already pretty stiff.

Next up is the zig zag and then after that the reindeers.

Linked up!

No comments:

Post a Comment