Friday, January 29, 2016

Jelly Roll Race

My dad took an out of country job and will be leaving soon. So I thought he needed a quilt from me as a goodbye gift. He's been a cyclist my whole life and so when I saw this new fabric line I knew who to buy it for. Under a time crunch I decided to go with a jelly roll to make a Jelly Roll Race. This pattern really is super quick and easy, but they were not kidding when they said the first seam was a doozy. But I'd definitely do it again and again. I love how fast it comes together and the way the strips randomize themselves. You never know what you'll get until you're done! All that's left now is to find some backing, batting and binding. I plan on quilting it myself to make sure it gets done in time. I'll post again with the finished quilt after I gift it.

My favorite print is the little bicycles popping wheelies


Fabric: Cycles of Life by Kite Flying Society for Maywood Studios
Pattern: Jelly Roll Race (do a Google search, there are some great videos and tutorials)

No comments:

Post a Comment