Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Gifts

I was sewing up until the very last minute and by that I mean I crawled into bed at 2:30 am Christmas morning. But I got everything done and wrapped and mailed out on time. Best part is that everyone liked their gifts. :)

My sister got a spa set made from a set of towels. The largest towel is a wrap, the wash cloth is a little pouch and the hand towel is a toothbrush and face wash travel case.

Both my nephews both I-Spy bags, monogrammed with their initials. They have slightly different things inside each bag, so I took a picture of the toys inside and then made a list as well. I got them laminated at Office Depot for under $2, perfect for rowdy little boys.

Alex got the road map quilt that I mentioned in this post. The back is made up of various scraps I had in my stash except for two fabrics, which I got just enough for this project. The binding is a green polka dot I found at Walmart, gotta love that store!
I used an invisible nylon thread and quilted along the train tracks and the road that goes down the center. Originally I was going to use matching thread but I decided to use invisible thread instead, I'm so glad I did. It came out great.
The tag didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. I printed it out on the printable fabric that is supposedly washable (and it won't run) but God had other plans for me. I love this little tag but I'm thinking I may end up taking it off and embroidering a tag instead. I'd probably use the green polka dots for the new tag, but that project will be for another day. I want to embroider a tag for his first birthday quilt too, so this tag will be sticking around for a while until I can muster up the energy to do both.

No comments:

Post a Comment