Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hanging Wooden Letters Tutorial, Part 2

For the first part of the tutorial click here

Sorry for the delay but recovery took longer than normal when my son got sick too. Anyways, here's the second and final part of the tutorial for the hanging letters. Ok, so by now the glossy coat has completely dried on your letters. Now you need to attach your animals.

Figure out where you want to place your animal before applying the glue to the letter.
Only use a small amount glue to avoid having some spill out onto the letter once you press down.
After you have glued the animal, place the clamps on it and let dry overnight. Repeat for all letters and animals.
This part took me a couple of days since I didn't have enough clamps to do all 4 animals at once. Here's the result after a few days of waiting:

After all the animals have been placed onto your letters it's time to add the ribbon. Here is where you can be creative. For me personally, I wanted a simple ribbon loop with no frills (this is for a little boy after all). But you can add a bow or a simple knot at the top of the loop, where it would hang from the hook. It's completely up to you.

If you plan on following my example, I cut my ribbon into 10 inch long pieces. Then I placed a small dot of glue on the back of the letter at the widest part.
Don't put them too close together, it will help balance the letter if the ribbon ends are a bit away from each other. Let the glue set for the required time before hanging. Repeat for each letter.

Hang in the nursery, or wherever, and enjoy.
Just don't hang too low, or else little babies will grab at it and pull down. Case in point, my taller than average 2 year old! :)


Linking up here:
Featured On The Crafty Nest HookingupwithHoH

No comments:

Post a Comment