Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cross Stitch

When I found out I was pregnant I decided that I wanted to do something for my child that would hang on the wall. My aunt did a cross stitch birth announcement for me when I was born, so I wanted to do one for my baby. I found this adorable kit at Michael's and the kit comes with everything you need, including the paint for the footprints. A word of warning, the design does not come pre-printed on the fabric. You actually have to draw it out yourself which can be quite tedious but the end result is so cute.

I didn't get it finished until after my son was born, so I ended up scanning the footprints that were done at the hospital and turned them into a iron-on transfer. But you wouldn't be able to tell from far away so it all works out. I got it framed at Michael's and now it hangs above my son's crib.

You can purchase this kit here or here

No comments:

Post a Comment