I had these 3 blocks partially pieced for a while now. They got pushed to the side while I did my Christmas sewing. Well they were finally finished up a few days ago.
#79 - Patience
#80 - Patricia
Patience and Patricia were pretty straight forward. The original Patience was a 9 patch but I used rectangles instead for fewer pieces. For Patricia I used larger squares to make the HSTs, and then trimmed to the correct size.
#1 - Addie
For Addie I used the same trick as for the Granny block. First make HSTs in your chosen colors for your star points (navy and green) and then use the HSTs as easy corner triangles on your rectangles. So much easier!
The three newest blocks
I'm thinking I may end up going out of order now. Just picking blocks I like and can easily rotary cut, although I will be trying templates and paper piecing as I go along too. I really hope to have these blocks completed and in a quilt top by the end of 2016. We'll see what happens. :)