Monday, June 22, 2015

Laced and framed


Last Saturday I spent the afternoon lacing and framing my 'Blessed' embroidery. With it being such an odd size (8" x 6") I first got an estimate for custom framing at Joann's. It would have been $50+ for the frame and glass, a bit too expensive but I wanted to know just in case. I wandered around the frame aisles hoping to find something close enough in size. And I did! I found a 9" x 7" frame on sale for 40% off. Less than $20 beats $50+ any day. :)


I used this tutorial for lacing the fabric and I found the acid-free foam board at Walmart. I even remembered to print up a label and put it on the back of the board for future reference.


I'm really happy with how it turned out and now it's safely behind glass for all to enjoy. Hopefully, for years to come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment