Saturday, December 27, 2014

A Quilty Christmas

My sister got a quilt this year for Christmas. It started out as silent auction prize for her fundraiser. But when the silent auction didn't happen (and I had already bought the fabric) I decided to make this her Christmas present.


It looks more complicated than it really is. It's actually a super easy layer cake pattern.


I quilted it myself on the diagonal about every 3 inches in a cream thread. I'm happy with how it turned out. :)


I made the tag on Spoonflower before the auction was cancelled. But I figured it could still go on the quilt since there's no auction-related details on it. I found the little heart tags at my local quilt shop and thought they were too cute. They say "P.S. I love you"


All in all I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. And she likes it too, so that's all that matters. :)

Quilt info:
Pattern - Double Sliced Layer Cake
Fabric - Sweet Serenade by BasicGrey for Moda fabrics (layer cake and backing)
              Serene (NOBU-86 in black) by Nobu Fujiyama for Kona Bay fabrics (binding)

No comments:

Post a Comment