Friday, February 14, 2014

My Winter Quilt

Ok, so it's practically spring out here in the desert but I've always wanted a winter themed quilt to snuggle under during the colder months. I fell in love with the Winter's Lane fabric collection and knew that I wanted to use it for this quilt. I love that it's more of winter and not so Christmas-y, which means I can have it out from after Thanksgiving until March (or whenever warmer weather starts)! I also included a fat quarter of Open Sleigh in aqua from the Aspen Frost line to add a few more houses (I cut it so the music notes were in the correct direction, so I only got 2 houses) and the sky fabric is the aqua snowflakes from the Season's Greeting line.


It took me while to find the right pattern for this quilt. I came across the Suburbs pattern from Cluck Cluck Sew and thought it was so cute. I had a picture of a little snowed in neighborhood in my head and I'm so pleased with how it turned out.


The back is pieced with yardage of my favorite print of the line, leftover houses and some of the half square triangles you get from making the houses. I still have more of those HSTs and I'm thinking a matching pillow may be in order.

Abby of Latimer Lane did the quilting. This is the second quilt that she's done for me and I just love her. If you need a long arm quilter tell her that I sent you and you get your first quilt at $0.01 per inch. :)


We decided to go with the Glacee pattern. I love, love, love snowflakes. They are my favorite part of winter. She has 3 snowflake patterns to choose from but I love the variety of snowflakes in Glacee, it's my favorite.

This is officially the first quilt that I've made that I'm keeping for myself, although I'm sure my son will steal it. He has an affinity for snuggle-y blankets. :)


Quilt Stats:

Pattern: Suburbs by Cluck Cluck Sew (throw size)
Fabric: Layer cake of Winter's Lane plus yardage for back and binding
             1 fat quarter of Open Sleigh in Iced Aqua from Aspen Frost
             Snowflakes in Iced Aqua from Season's Greeting (for sky) 
             Premium Bleached Muslin by Legacy Studio (for white background)
Quilting: Glacee pattern by Abby of Latimer Lane

For more photos please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment