Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Betty's Quilt Update

For those following the progress of my mother-in-law's quilt, here's an update for you. I have received a lot of fabric (including some very special pieces from her wedding) and tons of photos. I have more than enough to make this quilt and I'm so thrilled! I have already started putting it together and I got about 3/4 of the way done with basting when my new sewing machine started giving me problems. I even had a family friend who was a seamstress for many years take a look but sadly, I had no choice but to return it. Boo :( I guess that will teach me to venture too far from the brand I'm comfortable with. So anyways, I plan on purchasing another Singer like the one I lost and once it arrives I can begin again. The good news is that once I finish basting this quilt it will be smooth sailing! I'll post some photos of the fabrics I have shortly, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment