Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hello New Friend!

Hello new friend!

It's been quite a while and I've gone through a bit of drama, but I finally have a sewing machine in my hands. And the best part is that it is not only new but it also has 25 different stitches! This is a Brother XL-2600i free arm sewing machine and I bought it online at Walmart for under $100 (including tax and shipping - although I bought it during a free shipping promotion).

I was originally going to borrow my sister-in-law's machine, but it broke and she is in the process of moving so that was a no go. Then my other sister-in-law told me that I could have one of her machines, she has more than one and they are not being used at the moment. Well, her busy schedule prevented that from happening. That's when I turned to thrift shops and Craigslist. I called a bunch of thrift shops but none had any on their shelves. Then I actually found a used machine for $30 on Craigslist but after a week of back and forth emails the seller pulled the plug at the last minute. UGH! So I decided to say "Screw you" to all my frustrations and bought myself a belated Mother's Day present. Yay!

This afternoon my present arrived on my doorstep but I wasn't able to pull it out of its box until after Alex went to bed. I'm like a kid in a candy store. I have so many projects that I've been eyeing but definitely first up on the list is a fitted play yard sheet. The ones on Alex's play yard don't fit very well and I'm too cheap to spend more than $5 on a new fitted one. After that, it's on to Betty's quilt. I can't wait to show you all my latest creations! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment