Wednesday, April 13, 2016

My latest embroidery finish

I recently finished this embroidery. I started it back in June last year and now it's finally done.

It's still on the Q-Snaps but I plan on framing it. This pattern is part of a four seasons series and I hope to complete them all.
All the raspberries are made up entirely of French knots! I ended up doing them last and I kind of wish I didn't. French knots aren't my favorite stitch and so it became quite tedious. But look at them, so worth the effort!
I did change up some of the stitches. I used very little stem stitch (I substituted with back stitch) and I added on to one of the bunny's ears, it just made more sense visually to me. If you look at the original pattern you'll see what I mean.
This pattern was a challenge to me. I've never worked with a single thread and made such tiny stitches before, but I absolutely love it. I highly recommend it, even if you are a beginner. Just go slow and feel free to substitute stitches if you're not confident on one (but don't be afraid to learn something new either). I'm looking forward to starting my next one, I already bought the winter pattern!

Pattern: "His Mercies Are New" (Summer) by Clementine Pattern Co.
Size: fits in an 8"x8" frame opening
Floss: all DMC, according to pattern
Stitches used: back stitch, stem stitch, chain stitch, French knot, lazy daisy, satin stitch, straight stitch

Check out my Flickr for more photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment