Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Work in Progress: Charity Quilt

So this is the charity quilt I've been working on. It doesn't look like much but all the blocks are done and now I'm just sewing them into rows.

This quilt is for my sister who is a singer. She was invited to sing in Austria and is planning on fundraising. I offered to sew up a quilt for her silent auction. I wanted something quick and simple using a precut.

I chose the Double Sliced Layer Cake pattern and I'm using a layer cake of Sweet Serenade by Basic Grey for Moda.

This pattern is super easy and quick. If I had uninterrupted free time I'm sure it would be done within a day or two but since I don't...well, it's taking a lot longer. :) I hope to have the top done soon and then I plan on quilting it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment